Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
Simple, colorful and good. The celery, carrot and red pepper give it a nice crunch. The sour cream gives it some zing. Be sure you have a large bowl ready so you can fold it all together without having to crowd (and mash) the ingredients. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, onion flakes, pickle relish, salt and pepper.
- Dice bell pepper, carrot and celery and add to mayonnaise mixture.
- Carefully fold pasta and peas into mixture.
- Refrigerate at least two hours.
- Stir halfway though cooling.