2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
This is a refreshing and versatile salad that is best prepared slightly in advance. Juicy little grape tomatoes and crunchy carrots and celery team up with green onions and a sweet-tangy vinaigrette. It's easy and just plain good! Prep time includes marinating in the refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 lb baby carrots, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 stalks celery, sliced diagonally
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or 3 tablespoons fresh basil, julienned
- 1Combine tomatoes, carrots, celery and green onions in a large bowl.
- 2Whisk together remaining ingredients in a small bowl, then add to vegetables.
- 3If using dried basil, add now to the dressing; if using fresh, add just before serving.
- 4Gently toss vegetables to coat in dressing.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours; salad tastes best when prepared in advance.
- 6Serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Grape Tomato and Carrot Salad
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.4
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 178.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar