Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a refreshing and versatile salad that is best prepared slightly in advance. Juicy little grape tomatoes and crunchy carrots and celery team up with green onions and a sweet-tangy vinaigrette. It's easy and just plain good! Prep time includes marinating in the refrigerator.
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 lb baby carrots, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 stalks celery, sliced diagonally
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or 3 tablespoons fresh basil, julienned
- Combine tomatoes, carrots, celery and green onions in a large bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in a small bowl, then add to vegetables.
- If using dried basil, add now to the dressing; if using fresh, add just before serving.
- Gently toss vegetables to coat in dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours; salad tastes best when prepared in advance.
- Serve chilled.