Heirloom Tomato's Note:
This dish was a little too sweet until the addition of seasoned cabbage. Then, it suddenly became balanced and yummy! I use Barilla Plus Farfalle Pasta for extra protein. My favorite shortcut for pasta is to use a "Fasta Pasta" microwave pasta cooker. Don't knock this method until you try it! :) Some moisture comes from the shredded carrot and apple, so this small amount of dressing is enough. You don't need to peel the apple..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces barilla plus farfalle pasta (Butterfly)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup golden raisin
- 1/2 cup green onion, white and green parts, sliced thin
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 fuji apple, quartered and cored, then cut each quarter into three wedges and slice thinly
- 1/4 cup dry roasted salted peanut, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1Put the pasta on to cook in salted water.
- 2Mix curry powder, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, lemon juice and Kosher salt in a large bowl.
- 3Add the golden raisins, shredded carrots, green onions, and apple. Mix well.
- 4Add the cooked, drained pasta and mix lightly.
- 5Place the sliced cabbage in a different bowl and toss lightly with the celery salt and onion powder.
- 6Add seasoned cabbage and roasted peanuts to the large bowl, toss lightly.
- 7Taste to see if it pleases you and re-season if needed.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Curry Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.3
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 421.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: