Prep 25 mins
Cook 16 mins
This dish was a little too sweet until the addition of seasoned cabbage. Then, it suddenly became balanced and yummy! I use Barilla Plus Farfalle Pasta for extra protein. My favorite shortcut for pasta is to use a "Fasta Pasta" microwave pasta cooker. Don't knock this method until you try it! :) Some moisture comes from the shredded carrot and apple, so this small amount of dressing is enough. You don't need to peel the apple..
- 8 ounces barilla plus farfalle pasta (Butterfly)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, white and green parts, sliced thin
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 fuji apple, quartered and cored, then cut each quarter into three wedges and slice thinly
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted salted peanut, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Put the pasta on to cook in salted water.
- Mix curry powder, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, lemon juice and Kosher salt in a large bowl.
- Add the golden raisins, shredded carrots, green onions, and apple. Mix well.
- Add the cooked, drained pasta and mix lightly.
- Place the sliced cabbage in a different bowl and toss lightly with the celery salt and onion powder.
- Add seasoned cabbage and roasted peanuts to the large bowl, toss lightly.
- Taste to see if it pleases you and re-season if needed.