Recipe by chiclet
I was looking through some old Vegetarian Times magazines for inspiration the other day and I came across this luscious looking pie. Oh how I wish I could post the photo that was printed with it! I'm posting it here for safe-keeping because I am DEFINITELY going to want to make it soon.
- 1 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces firm silken tofu
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 9 inches graham cracker pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chocolate-covered pretzels
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave 30 seconds. Stir and heat 30 seconds more. Repeat stirring and heating until chocolate is just melted. Set aside.
- Combine tofu and maple syrup in food processor. Blend 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and process until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie crust, smoothing top; refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped pretzels on top and serve, or refrigerate until ready to serve.