Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Topping is spread on cake in the pan immediately or 5 minutes after it comes out of the oven. Makes enough topping for 9x13 pan. Good on spice cake or chocolate cake. From Duncan Hines Cake Mix Magic
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light cream (10 %)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a saucepan melt butter.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread topping evenly over hot cake.
- Broil 6 inches below element for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool cake completely in pan on a wire rack before cutting.