Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
The moist chicken over lettuce and fresh veggies is to die for! The BBQ and the ranch are so good together... if you like spicy... make SURE to buy hot and spicy bbq sauce, it makes all the difference!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup dried Italian breadcrumbs (italian style)
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (omit if you don't like spicy) (optional)
- oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 head chopped lettuce
- 10 baby carrots, quartered
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup French fried onion rings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup hot and spicy bbq sauce
- In a large skillet, heat oil for frying.
- In a grocery or ziplock bag, combine flour, breadcrumbs, cornmeal, garlic powder, paprika, seasoning salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Rinse chicken breasts off with water and throw into the bag. Shake and coat completely.
- Fry chicken breasts in hot oil until browned and white on the inside.
- Take out of oil and let sit, without cutting into the chicken, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl combine lettuce, carrots, cucumber, onions, onion rings, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Dice chicken in bite size pieces and toss into the salad.
- Serve in bowls. Fill individual bowls half way with salad mix and drizzle on BBQ sauce over the whole top. Fill bowls near the top of the bowls and drizzle with ranch dressing.
- Coat with garilc croutons, or more french friend onion rings!