Recipe by RedSoxsNation #33fan
My mother used to make this when I was growing up. My siblings and I thought it was the best thing in the world when she made it
Top Review by ThinOne
This is an all time favorite at my house. I make it a little differently though and never thought about baking biscuits on top. Thank for the novel idea. I usually use a can of VegAll mixed vegetables and a jar of either beef or chicken gravy and I add about a teaspoon of dill weed. The dill is a perfect herb with beef. It adds just a bit of tartness to the dish. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄3 cup of chopped green pepper
- 1 (3/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Brown beef in skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently; drain fat.
- Add next 6 ingredients.
- Bring to boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in mayo.
- Place mixture in casserole dish.
- Flatten biscuits slightly and arrange overlapping around the edge of casserole.
- Brush biscuits with additional mayo.
- Put in oven and bake for 15 minutes or until heated and biscuits are browned.