Prep 50 mins
Cook 15 mins
From "Tapas" by Adrian Lissen. It's been a while since I've made these, but I recall that everyone loved these when we had a tapas party. Easiest if you make them the day before, then fry them right before serving.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain.
- Put potatoes back in pan and heat over low flame until completely dry, stirring to prevent scorching.
- Put potatoes in a food processor with the egg yolks, butter, salt and pepper. Pulse a few times.
- Add the nutmeg, sherry, parmesan, mustard and parsley. Pulse until the consistency of very thick mashed potatoes. If the mixture is too wet or runny, put mixture in a large bowl and incorporate a bit of flour, working in with your hands.
- Adjust seasoning, then form small cylinders (about 3 x 1 inches).
- Roll croquettes in seasoned flour to cover, shaking off excess.
- Dip in beaten egg mixture, then roll them in breadcrumbs. Set aside and repeat until all potato mixture is used up.
- Deep fry at 375 degrees until golden brown, drain and keep warm until served.
- NOTE: these can be prepared in advance thru step #7 and refrigerated in an airtight container. Bring to room temp before frying.