1 hr 5 mins
From "Tapas" by Adrian Lissen. It's been a while since I've made these, but I recall that everyone loved these when we had a tapas party. Easiest if you make them the day before, then fry them right before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain.
- 2Put potatoes back in pan and heat over low flame until completely dry, stirring to prevent scorching.
- 3Put potatoes in a food processor with the egg yolks, butter, salt and pepper. Pulse a few times.
- 4Add the nutmeg, sherry, parmesan, mustard and parsley. Pulse until the consistency of very thick mashed potatoes. If the mixture is too wet or runny, put mixture in a large bowl and incorporate a bit of flour, working in with your hands.
- 5Adjust seasoning, then form small cylinders (about 3 x 1 inches).
- 6Roll croquettes in seasoned flour to cover, shaking off excess.
- 7Dip in beaten egg mixture, then roll them in breadcrumbs. Set aside and repeat until all potato mixture is used up.
- 8Deep fry at 375 degrees until golden brown, drain and keep warm until served.
- 9NOTE: these can be prepared in advance thru step #7 and refrigerated in an airtight container. Bring to room temp before frying.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Croquetas De Patata Y Queso (Potato and Cheese Croquettes)
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.4
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 89.3 mg
- Sodium 231.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 7.8 g