Recipe by www.oodlesofrecipes.com
My son got this recipe from his food service instructor Mo Balcaen at Crocus Plains Regional High School, Brandon, MB.,Canada. I made some changes by reducing the shortening and adding cheese.
- 2 1⁄4 cups pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1⁄3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Cut in shortening. Stir in cheese.
- Add milk. Knead on floured surface 10 seconds.
- Pat dough on floured surface and cut into biscuits.
- Brush with a little milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 450º F.