Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is a BHG recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck eye roast or 1 1⁄2 lbs eye of round roast or 1 1⁄2 lbs beef round rump roast
- 4 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups packaged peeled baby carrots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed mushroom soup
- nonstick cooking spray
- Trim fat from meat.
- Spray an unheated large skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add meat and brown on all sides.
- Place unpeeled potatoes, mushrooms, frozen carrots, and tarragon or basil in a 3-1/2- to 4-quart electric crockery cooker.
- Place browned meat on top of vegetables.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Pour condensed soup over meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours.
- To serve, transfer meat and vegetables to a serving platter.
- Serve the sauce over meat and vegetables.
The recipe wasn't as tasty as I had hoped...the mushroom flavour was too overpowering.
Oh yum! This was so good. DH was impressed, which is a good thing. The roast was so tender you didn't even need a knife. I think next time I will add some onions and garlic just because we like them but it's wonderful just as it is.
This made for a easy and very tasty Sunday dinner. The smell while cooking is out of this world. The meat (and I used a bone-in roast) was very tender. I added some garlic with the veggies because my DH is addicted to it. Thanks!