Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A different kind of nut recipe if you love nuts and great to prepare in a crock pot.
Make and share this Crock Pot Spicy Chili Nuts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (12 ounce) unsalted dry-roasted cashews
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- Mix your nuts, butter and seasoning mix well.
- Place in crock pot on low for about 2 hours.
- Remove the lid and turn heat to high and cook for about 10 more minutes or so.
- Can eat warm or put into nut dishes.
I made a half batch and they disappeared quickly. I do recommend checking occasionally and stirring to prevent burning. I added a pinch of cayenne. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
Pale, uninteresting flavor maybe resulted from my using a mild chili powder in making the spice, but my other ingredients (coriander, lime zest, cumin, salt, garlic, onion powder and cayenne) were bright, so I'm not optimistic about much improvement. Using a crock pot for this, given the tradeoff of having to clean it afterwards, is excessive. Use a large skillet, stir fry five minutes, and it's done.
Very good and easy. I added some habanero powder to really kick it up some!