Recipe by Katzen
An awesome vegetarian chili I found on another site and modified quite a bit. It can be made in the crock pot, if you have a large one, or on the stove, otherwise. Very little work, but a lot of taste!
Top Review by Serah B.
Love this! I used Fantastic Foods Vegetarian Taco Mix in place of the vegetarian ground beef (it's basically seasoned TVP); since that's seasoned I used regular black beans instead of the soup. I also reduced the jalepenos so my little ones wouldn't cry. This is a very delicious, versatile recipe, and I plan to make it a lot this winter! Thanks for yet another excellent recipe, Katzen!
- 1 (19 ounce) can black bean soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb vegetarian ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 6 jalapenos, chopped
- 2 portabella mushrooms, diced
- 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 -8 tablespoons chili powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a slow cooker, combine black bean soup, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, baked beans, tomatoes, corn, onions, bell peppers, jalepenos and mushrooms.
- Add garlic, chili powder, and salt.
- Cook for at least two hours on High.
- Alternatively, cook vegetables in a small amount of oil in a large pot on medium heat for 10 minutes; add all other ingredients, bring to a simmer and cook 1-2 hours until flavours have combined and vegetables are soft.