8 hrs 10 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
From Crescent Dragonwagon's "Passionate Vegetarian" (2002)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray the crock pot with cooking spray.
- 2Turn heat on HIGH.
- 3Add the liquid (use 8 cups for coarse ground cornmeal, 7 for finer grinds), salt, and cornmeal; stir well.
- 4Cover and cook for 1 hour on HIGH.
- 5Stir well and turn heat to LOW.
- 6Cover and stir occasionally.
- 7Cook for 6-9 hours on LOW until tender and very thick.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Method for Polenta Grits or Mush
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.4
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 452.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g