- 7 -8 cups boiling water or 7 -8 cups milk or 7 -8 cups soymilk or 7 -8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2-2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon butter (optional) or 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray the crock pot with cooking spray.
- Turn heat on HIGH.
- Add the liquid (use 8 cups for coarse ground cornmeal, 7 for finer grinds), salt, and cornmeal; stir well.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour on HIGH.
- Stir well and turn heat to LOW.
- Cover and stir occasionally.
- Cook for 6-9 hours on LOW until tender and very thick.