Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A veggie filled, chicken version of mac-n-cheese.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (low fat preferred (fat free falls apart in this recipe)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheese soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of onion soup (low fat preferred, can be replaced with cream of celery or chicken if preferred)
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 8 ounces sour cream (low fat is preferred)
- 1 lb pasta, any shape
- 16 ounces frozen vegetables (we prefer cauliflower but any can be used, broccolli blends work well also)
- I n crockpot mix the soups together. place chicken in soup mixture, making sure they are well covered.
- Cook in crock pot for 6-8 hours. Chicken will fall apart when done.
- Once chicken is done cooking, mix sour cream into the sauce. Let thicken with heat off.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add frozen veggies into the pasta water and cook at same time. Drain.
- Place pasta/veggie mixture back into large pot. Add chicken and sauce on top of pasta. Mix together so pasta is covered and chicken is shredded.
- May add shredded cheese on top to serve, or a dollop of sour cream if desired.
- Makes approximately 8 servings, depending on the type of past used. Larger pasta shapes will yield larger serving sizes.
- *********The nutritional information will be lower if using low fat/low sodium varieties of the soups. I did not have the nutritionals on hand to enter into the system the low fat values, so I had to go with the ones preloaded. ************.
- Number of Servings: 8.