Recipe by Bec
I have yet to try this, but it is from my favorite cookbook- The Roosevelt Raccoons "All of Our Favorites" cookbook. The cookbook contains recipes from active parents and teachers of Roosevelt Elementary School, Mankato, MN. It is where I went to school, and my family submitted all of our family favorites for it. So, we probably have 10 copies of the book in our house!
- 2 large potatoes, pared and sliced
- 2 -3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, partially thawed
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place layer of vegetables in crock pot in the order given.
- Season each layer with salt and pepper.
- Put lightly browned ground beef on top of the celery.
- Mix the tomato soup with the water and pour into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours (high 3 to 4 hours), stirring occasionally.