Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I have yet to try this, but it is from my favorite cookbook- The Roosevelt Raccoons "All of Our Favorites" cookbook. The cookbook contains recipes from active parents and teachers of Roosevelt Elementary School, Mankato, MN. It is where I went to school, and my family submitted all of our family favorites for it. So, we probably have 10 copies of the book in our house!
- Place layer of vegetables in crock pot in the order given.
- Season each layer with salt and pepper.
- Put lightly browned ground beef on top of the celery.
- Mix the tomato soup with the water and pour into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours (high 3 to 4 hours), stirring occasionally.
One more thing or two. Rather than peas, I used frozen mixed vegetables. I will ADD large can of Diced Tomatoes, as well as a couple of Garlic petals.
This was good. Next time I'll add garlic and perhaps some italian seasoniong, a little on the bland side for us. I didn't stir it during cook time and didn't have any problems Thanks Bec!