Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Roast beef, slow cooked to perfection, basted with an onion sauce, mushrooms, & potatoes on the side.
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 6 potatoes (red or new preferred)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces campbell's golden cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (82 g) package onion soup mix
- 4 -5 lbs beef roast
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Place mushrooms, potatoes, and beef in crock pot.
- Mix Golden Cream of Mushroom Soup and dry onion soup.
- Add beef roast.
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
Whoa! Made this today and was lauded tonight with RAVE reviews from my husband and children alike! Everyone is happy and left the table wanting to know, "What do we call this dish when we want it again?"... I am so happy to have found a new family favorite that was truly delicious and wonderfully easy. Dave, HUGE thanks to you for sharing!
This is exactly how I have been making my beef roasts for years...I add some baby carrots also. The golden mushroom soup makes a wonderful gravy for the roast.