Recipe by bake_a_holic
I hope you enjoy!
Top Review by graham
Absolutely delicious and easy to prepare. It is exactly like a molten lava cake; lovely moist sponge, lots of liquid chocolate to surround sponge...loved the taste and look..served with ice cream. Also loved putting it all in the crockpot and not looking at it again until ready to serve. I served the cake about 45 minutes after it was ready and it was still had plenty of chocolate sauce.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat inside of crock pot with butter.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, 3 tbsp cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in bowl.
- Add cream, oil and vanilla.
- Stir well to combine.
- Pour into crock pot.
- Combine dark brown sugar and remaining 2 tbsp cocoa into medium bowl.
- Add hot water, stir well to combine.
- Pour sauce over cake batter.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Cover, cook on high for 2 hours.
- Let cook, spoon out.
- Add whipped cream if desired.