Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This fruit goes well with ham or turkey and is also good when served alongside quiche or egg dishes. I adapted it from a recipe by Natalie Haughton.
- 2 (20 ounce) cans unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 (29 ounce) cantropical fruit cocktail
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced yellow cling peaches
- 1 (17 ounce) can apricot halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Drain all fruit and gently combine in crock pot.
- Melt the butter and, in a small bowl, stir in the brown sugar and curry powder until well mixed.
- Pour mixture over the fruit mixture in the crock pot and stir gently.
- Cover and cook on high setting about 2 1/2 hours.
- Mix the cornstarch in the cold water and stir it into the fruit mixture.
- Cook uncovered on high heat 30 minutes longer, or until the fruit mixture is slightly thickened.