1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Coq Au Vin (Chicken in White Wine)
6 hrs 15 mins
A French classic--chicken in a white wine sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 lbs baby portabella mushrooms, sliced thick
- 12 ounces frozen white pearl onions
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (use a wine you'd enjoy drinking, we like Yellow Tail chardonnay)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1Place butter, chicken, salt, pepper, garlic, mushrooms, onions, wine, thyme, and bay leaf in crock pot.
- 2Combine chicken broth and flour; pour mixture into crock pot, and stir.
- 3Cover and cook on LOW setting for 5-6 hours.
- 4Remove and discard bay leaf.
- 5Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Coq Au Vin (Chicken in White Wine)
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.3
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 55.8 mg
- Sodium 602.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 22.7 g