A French classic--chicken in a white wine sauce.
Make and share this Crock Pot Coq Au Vin (Chicken in White Wine) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 lbs baby portabella mushrooms, sliced thick
- 12 ounces frozen white pearl onions
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (use a wine you'd enjoy drinking, we like Yellow Tail chardonnay)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- Place butter, chicken, salt, pepper, garlic, mushrooms, onions, wine, thyme, and bay leaf in crock pot.
- Combine chicken broth and flour; pour mixture into crock pot, and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 5-6 hours.
- Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Serve over rice.