1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Cider-Braised Chicken
7 hrs 10 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
This recipe also includes directions for stove top preparation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1---Crock Pot Method---.
- 2Place spices, tomatoes, and cider in the crock pot and stir to mix.
- 3Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- 4Set the cooker to low heat and cook for 7-9 hours, or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- 5At the end of cooking, remove the chicken from the crock pot, mix the cornstarch with the 2 tbsp of water, and stir the cornstarch mixture into the bottom; set the crock pot to high and cook for 15 minutes to thicken the liquids.
- 6Return chicken to pot and toss to coat again.
- 7---Stove Top Method---.
- 8Brown the chicken in a large skillet over medium heat (do not use oil), skin side down, for about 10 minutes; pour off excess fat.
- 9Sprinkle with spices and add tomatoes; cover with cider.
- 10Cover the pan, reduce the heat, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 11To thicken the juices, make a slurry by combining the cornstarch with the cold water; stir it into the juices and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes longer, stirring.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Cider-Braised Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (649 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 853.5
- Calories from Fat 441
- Total Fat 49.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 333.6 mg
- Sodium 329.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 89.8 g