Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have never liked bread pudding, but I thought I'd try this one, I made it for my dad when he came over and it was a hit! I got the recipe from The Fix It And Forget It Cookbook. It's super easy, and super tasty!!!
- 8 slices day old bread, cubed (raisin bread is especially good)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (use only 1/4 cup if using raisin bread)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place bread cubes in greased slow cooker.
- Beat together eggs and milk.
- Stir in sugar, butter, raisins, and cinnamon.
- Pour over bread and stir.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 3-4 hours, or until thermometer reaches 160°.
- Make sauce just before pudding is done baking.
- Begin by melting butter in saucepan.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually add water, sugar, and vanilla.
- Bring to boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve sauce over warm bread pudding.
Super easy and delicious! I didn't have any raisins, so I substituted with apples. The apples and cinnamon went really well. I can't wait to try it again with raisin bread. Thank you for this easy recipe!
This was so easy, just throw it together and stick it in the crock pot! It turned out wonderful! I just added a little bit more cinnamon, and also added a dash of dark rum to the sauce, YUM!!