Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My husband insisted that I post this one. I make this when we go to my brother's cabin in the late fall. We sit outside and eat beans 'n wieners by a blazing fire. Reminds my husband of his scouting days. The kids like it too.
- 1 lb hot dog, cut into fourths
- 3 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Put all the ingredients into a 4-quart crock pot; stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Add salt and pepper to taste at anytime during cooking.
- Ladle into a bowl and best enjoyed by campfire.
Oh Yes. Definitely yes. Will double this in the future, cuz' sometimes you just need those beans and weiners!
This was easy to put together and everyone ate it at my Halloween party. So much so, in fact, that I never got to taste it! I used blackstrap molasses because my regular molasses was hiding.
We liked this, but we were not bowled over as many were. It was easy to make, and it was fragrant cooking in the crock pot. I followed the directions exactly. It did remind me of childhood, but maybe I have outgrown the concept eating beans and wieners as a meal in itself. Thanks for sharing, though.