Prep 5 mins
Cook 48 hrs
Great way to use up those extra fall apples.
Make and share this Crock Pot Applesauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium cooking apples, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mix all ingredients in a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat setting 2 hours or until apples are tender. Stir.
I used braeburn, Fuji, and golden delicious apples and pur
We had some golden delicious in the fridge that were starting to shrivel (I know, what a waste), so I turned to this recipe for a fun afternoon project with my 5 year old son. We used all 6 apples which were small to medium in size and then swapped out Stevia for 1/2 of the brown sugar. I did find that there a bit too much water and that it was a bit too sweet, but that's easy to fix. Thanks for sharing!
Very easy, and very good. I have used this recipe about 5 times, and it is great! This is the only recipe I have every used and my family loves it. It freezes well and also works well in recipes! Thanks for sharing!!