Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is really something simple, but very refreshing during hot summer days. This is the usual cucumber salad you will get in Croatia.
- 200 g cucumbers
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (not aceto balsamico )
- 2 g salt
- 1 g pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- Peal the cucumber and cut into thin slices.
- Mince garlic well and add into sliced cucumber.
- Add vinegar, oil and water and season as you like with salt and pepper.
- Leave in refrigerator to cool a bit and serve.
My family is croatian and we always do this in the summer when we bbq, only we mix it with greek yoghurt! It's really good and so simple.
This recipe has been passed down for generations thru all of Eastern Europe. It truely is a refreshing summer salad and very simple to toss together. It's even better the next day and placed in sandwiches. My mother has been making this all my life. Food really does bring all of us together!
I make this all the time! This is one of my husband's favorites. (Figures since he is Hungarian and Russian!) If I have some fresh tomatoes to use up I toss them in and just adjust the seasonings a bit.