Recipe by zoe,owen,andliams mommy
This makes a great side for lunches.
Top Review by breezermom
I cut the cook time down to 8 minutes on the first side, and 5 on the flip side. They turned out slightly burned even after cutting the cook time. However, I tasted some when I took them out of the oven to flip, and they tasted delicious. Maybe the cook time should be 5 minutes on each side, or maybe the cooking time should be reduced. The end result was very crisp, which I think is the desired effect. I think they'd still turn out crisp with the greatly decreased cook time, while still retaining the flavor. Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 1 lb.)
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Combine breadcrumbs,
- Parmesan, and pepper; mix well. Dip the zucchini
- slices in egg whites; dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place zucchini in a single layer on a baking sheet
- coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450 degrees for 15
- minute Turn zucchini over; bake an additional 10-15
- minute or until outside is crispy and browned. ***Baking time might be a bit long check after 8-10 minutes on first side, second side may only need about 5 more minutes.