Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
What's for brunch? Here is Curtis Stone's quick and easy take on bacon and eggs with toast.Curtis Stone - Cook - Create - Celebrate! I loved it - a friend made this for us a couple of weekend's ago.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small red jalapeno chile, finely chopped
- 8 cups fresh Baby Spinach (packed)
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 8 slices black forest ham
- 8 large organic free-range eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups crumbled sharp white cheddar cheese (about 5 oz)
- hot sauce (such as Cholula)
- Preheat the broiler.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the jalapeno and stir to coat with the butter.
- Add the spinach and sauté for 2 minutes, or just until the spinach wilts.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Place the spinach mixture in a fine sieve to drain any excess moisture from the spinach.
- Meanwhile, heat a flat griddle pan over medium-high heat.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, cook the tortillas for 2 minutes on each side, or until they are hot and slightly crisp (do not allow the tortillas to become too crisp at this point since they will continue to crisp under the broiler).
- Set 2 tortillas on each of 2 heavy large baking sheets.
- Lay 2 slices of ham on each tortilla, overlapping slightly.
- Spoon the spinach atop the ham, dividing equally.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter on the griddle pan over medium-high heat.
- Crack 4 eggs into the pan, spacing them evenly apart, and cook for 2 minutes, or until the whites are set and beginning to brown around the edges.
- Using a spatula, carefully set 2 eggs atop the spinach and ham on each tortilla.
- Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and 4 eggs.
- Sprinkle the eggs with the cheese and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the egg whites are set on top and the cheese melts.
- Transfer to plates and serve with the hot sauce.