What's for brunch? Here is Curtis Stone's quick and easy take on bacon and eggs with toast.Curtis Stone - Cook - Create - Celebrate! I loved it - a friend made this for us a couple of weekend's ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the broiler.
- 2Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- 3Add the jalapeno and stir to coat with the butter.
- 4Add the spinach and sauté for 2 minutes, or just until the spinach wilts.
- 5Season to taste with salt.
- 6Place the spinach mixture in a fine sieve to drain any excess moisture from the spinach.
- 7Meanwhile, heat a flat griddle pan over medium-high heat.
- 8Working with one tortilla at a time, cook the tortillas for 2 minutes on each side, or until they are hot and slightly crisp (do not allow the tortillas to become too crisp at this point since they will continue to crisp under the broiler).
- 9Set 2 tortillas on each of 2 heavy large baking sheets.
- 10Lay 2 slices of ham on each tortilla, overlapping slightly.
- 11Spoon the spinach atop the ham, dividing equally.
- 12Melt 1 tablespoon of butter on the griddle pan over medium-high heat.
- 13Crack 4 eggs into the pan, spacing them evenly apart, and cook for 2 minutes, or until the whites are set and beginning to brown around the edges.
- 14Using a spatula, carefully set 2 eggs atop the spinach and ham on each tortilla.
- 15Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and 4 eggs.
- 16Sprinkle the eggs with the cheese and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the egg whites are set on top and the cheese melts.
- 17Transfer to plates and serve with the hot sauce.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Tortilla With Ham, Chilli, Spinach and Fried Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 695.6
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 466.3 mg
- Sodium 1674.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 38.8 g