Crispy Shrimp With Spicy Cajun Sauce
- To make the sauce, in a large bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, hot sauce, Cajun seasoning. If your Cajun seasoning has no salt, add salt to taste; set aside.
- In a large cast-iron skillet or other heavy skillet over medium, heat 3/4 inch of oil to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. In a second shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, 2 teaspoons of salt and the black pepper.
- Working in batches, dip the shrimp first into the beaten eggs, then in the flour mixture to coat well.
- Fry the shrimp in the oil until golden, about 1 minute per side, adjusting the heat as necessary to maintain the oil temperature. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the fried shrimp to a plate lined with paper towels. Serve with the sauce for dipping.