Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oh, boy! Imagine a basket of crispy fried shrimp.
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml honey
- 14.78-19.71 ml hot sauce, to taste (Sriracha works great)
- 14.78 ml cajun seasoning, to taste
- 14.78 ml salt, divided
- peanut oil or vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 large eggs
- 354.88 ml quick-mixing flour (such as Wondra or Wondra® Instant Flour Substitute)
- 236.59 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml salt (to taste)
- 7.39 ml ground black pepper
- 907.18 g large raw shrimp, shells and tails removed
- To make the sauce, in a large bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, hot sauce, Cajun seasoning. If your Cajun seasoning has no salt, add salt to taste; set aside.
- In a large cast-iron skillet or other heavy skillet over medium, heat 3/4 inch of oil to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. In a second shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, 2 teaspoons of salt and the black pepper.
- Working in batches, dip the shrimp first into the beaten eggs, then in the flour mixture to coat well.
- Fry the shrimp in the oil until golden, about 1 minute per side, adjusting the heat as necessary to maintain the oil temperature. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the fried shrimp to a plate lined with paper towels. Serve with the sauce for dipping.