Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A real tasty way to use up zucchini or yellow squash. Even the large ones will work. When finished the coins will be a delicious crisp brown on the outside and soft and tasty on the inside.
- 1 lb zucchini or 1 lb yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch thick round slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 large eggs, beaten well
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, finely ground
- oil, sufficient for pan frying (you need about 1/4 inch in your pan)
- Mix 1/2 cup of the flour with the potato flakes and parmesan cheese.
- Beat the eggs well, to the point where they start to hold air.
- Place the remaining flour, garlic salt and pepper in a 1 gallon zip bag. Add zucchini. Shake bag until well coated.
- Dredge zucchini slices in eggs until coated.
- Coat slices with potato, cheese and flour mixture.
- Place slices carefully into hot oil. Pan fry on each side until golden brown, about 2 min a side. Remove and place on paper towels to drain.
My family loved these. It was an excellent way to use up our overgrown zucchini crop. And it worked well, even with the huge zucchini I had