1/1 Photo of Crispy Parmesan Chicken Tenders
Okay, so sometimes being out of something turns out to be a good thing! When I went to make my traditional fried chicken tenders I realized that I was out of bread crumbs and was also out of bread to make bread crumbs. Looking around I discovered a box of parmesan/garlic crackers and crushed them up in place of the crumbs. Absolutely, positively DELICIOUS! The kids now claim this is the only way to make chicken tenders! Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour with garlic powder & pepper in a bowl.
- 2Crack eggs and beat till throughly combined in a seperate bowl.
- 3Combine parmesan cheese and crushed crackers in a third bowl.
- 4Start by coating the chicken pieces in flour, then dip in egg wash and then dip into cracker mix.
- 5Set coated chicken onto a plate. When finished coating all the chicken, put the plate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to let the coating "set-up".
- 6In a large fry pan, heat 1/2" of oil to medium high heat (I don't use a thermometer but I'm guessing 350 degrees).
- 7Pan fry in small batches till golden brown on all sides - depending on size of your tenders, 5-6 minutes per side.
- 8Remove to a paper towel lined plate till all the chicken is done.
- 9We served it with pasta and spaghetti sauce but i'm guessing it would go with about anything.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Parmesan Chicken Tenders
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.6
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 182.5 mg
- Sodium 415.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 38.5 g