Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Super good oven baked chicken fingers from Country Living magazine - January, 2006.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3 - by 1/4 inch strips
- 1 (7 ounce) packagesesame crispbread, such as WASA
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Combine buttermilk, garlic, hot sauce, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 12 hours. Heat the oven to 400. Coat 2 baking pans with oil and set aside. Crush crispbread into coarse crumbs and place the crumbs in a shallow baking dish, toss in the melted butter. Remove the chicken from the marinade and coat with the crumbs. Place on prepared pans and bake, until golden and crisp - about 25 minutes.