Recipe by Sharon123
A quick and yummy recipe straight from Melissa d'Arabian Show: Ten Dollar Dinners, Episode: Football Fiesta
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
I made this for a late light lunch. The quesadillas themselves are good, but it is the sauce that really makes this dish...the WOW factor. I will definitely be making these again however; I plan on adding chicken to them. Oh, and I think I will double the sauce next time so that there is extra for dipping. Thanks for posting Sharon. Made and reviewed for the 49th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
- 2 large flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley) or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler.
- Brush the tortillas on both sides with oil and lightly salt.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and cook the tortillas, 1 at a time, until slightly golden on both sides.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, lime zest and juice, cumin, and salt and pepper, to taste, until smooth. Pour into a plastic squeeze bottle or sturdy resealable plastic bag and cut small tip in corner.
- Arrange the browned tortillas on a baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with cheese. (You may need to do this in batches if both tortillas don't fit on 1 tray.).
- Broil until the cheese bubbles and begins to brown, about for 1 to 2 minutes, being careful not to burn.
- Slice each quesadilla into 8 wedges and drizzle sour cream decoratively over the top.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.