Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick and yummy recipe straight from Melissa d'Arabian Show: Ten Dollar Dinners, Episode: Football Fiesta
- 2 large flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley) or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- Preheat the broiler.
- Brush the tortillas on both sides with oil and lightly salt.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and cook the tortillas, 1 at a time, until slightly golden on both sides.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, lime zest and juice, cumin, and salt and pepper, to taste, until smooth. Pour into a plastic squeeze bottle or sturdy resealable plastic bag and cut small tip in corner.
- Arrange the browned tortillas on a baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with cheese. (You may need to do this in batches if both tortillas don't fit on 1 tray.).
- Broil until the cheese bubbles and begins to brown, about for 1 to 2 minutes, being careful not to burn.
- Slice each quesadilla into 8 wedges and drizzle sour cream decoratively over the top.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
I made this for a late light lunch. The quesadillas themselves are good, but it is the sauce that really makes this dish...the WOW factor. I will definitely be making these again however; I plan on adding chicken to them. Oh, and I think I will double the sauce next time so that there is extra for dipping. Thanks for posting Sharon. Made and reviewed for the 49th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
I like that you can dress these up by adding meat for a dinner entree, I used a whole wheat tortilla,personal preference, but the rest I followed the recipe. Another winner, Sharon! Thanks so much for posting. Made for one of KK's events!
We really enjoyed these...I used spinach and herb tortillas,which looked really pretty against the yellow cheese and the sour cream drizzle.
So simple and tasty....a great nibble with drinks!!