Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, Packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried apricot, Chopped
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, Chopped
- In bowl, cream shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs; one at a time, and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves and nutmeg; stir into creamed mixture. Stir in oats, raisins, apricots and nuts.
- Using 2 teaspoons, drop dough onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake in 350F (180C) oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
- (Store in airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.)
good and fast.