Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Epicurious. One of the very few I make as is written. It's great as a snack or a side.
- 1 large russet potato, potato (baking, about 1/2 pound)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely grated gruyere cheese (about 2 ounces)
- Peel potato and grate coarse.
- Press potato between several thickness of paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- In an 8-inch non-stick skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and add half grated potato, spreading and tamping down with a spatula. Reduce heat to moderate and sprinkle Gruyère over potato.
- Spread remaining potato on top, tamping down with a spatula, and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes on each side. Season potato with salt and pepper and cut into 6 wedges.
My whole family loved these - easy to make (though a little time-consuming with all the grating), and very yummy. We served them with a little sour cream. Delightful! Thanks for the recipe!
This was a big hit, and so easy! Since I'm on WW, I had a 1/6 pie wedge, with 1/3 pie wedge saved for DH's breakfast. Why limit yourself to wedges? Use cookie cutters to make more unusual shapes. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Trinkets! Made for April 2009 Veg*n Swap.