Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This delicious sauce can be made in a blender and then tossed with these crispy veggies. Makes for a quick lunch when you are in a hurry! From Weight Watchers - 2 points per 1 1/4 cup serving. NOTE: To add some "heat" to this dish, you may want to consider adding chopped chilies of your choice or some red pepper flakes!
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar (unseasoned)
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 head savoy cabbage, thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup carrot (packaged matchstick-cut)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- To make the dressing, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, peanut butter, ginger and brown sugar in a blender and puree. Toss together the remaining ingredients in a serving bowl. Drizzle the dressing and toss to coat evenly.
goood. served to friends a few nights ago, husbands said " so so", us girls love it. We checked the label on the FF peanut butter, it has the same points as full fat, so,,, da, next time, I'll use the real stuff. Thanks for sharing
O'kay scaled back for 2 serves (which was enough as a side for 3 of us served with Chicken Satay Goes to Rio by Leggy Peggy) but when making up I had the 4 serve recipe in front of me and made up the full amount of the dressing but when making it I thought 2 tablespoons of ginger was too much and I only added 1 and found that was perfect for us but since I had only made up half the veg I only added half the dressing and thought that is not enough, doesn't seem to be coating it and added the rest bad mistake for once left to rest it was swimming in dressing but the veggies were still nice and crisp and as we do not like coriander/cilantro I used parsley as suggested by good cheff/bad chef Jannella. Thank you Nancy's Pantry. made for 123 Hits tag game.
A very different yet tasty slaw! We both enjoyed the flavors with DH calling it a nice change of pace, but I kept looking for some hot pepper. I made as written and think next time will add a hot pepper. Will be trying a again with a little added heat. Thanks for the post.