Recipe by Cook & Lace
This is similar to the Chex mix but I actually like it a little better. The original recipe calls for garlic and onion salt instead of powder and salted nuts, but I find that too salty.
Top Review by Cyntia
I like the recipe with less salt as well, the pretzels and butter add just enough. I added some dijon mustard and franks red hot wing sauce this time because I wanted to make something spicy that wasn't as guilty as wings.. yummy can't wait to eat it, the pickings from the oven taste great so far.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 7 cups Crispix cereal
- 1 cup unsalted nuts
- 1 cup pretzel
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Melt butter in 9x13-inch pan in oven. Remove from oven and stir in garlic powder, onion powder, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add cereal, nuts, and pretzels stirring until coated.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on absorbent paper to cool.
- Microwave directions combine ingredients as above, placing in a glass container and microwave on full power 4 minutes stirring after 2 minute
- Cool as above.