Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is similar to the Chex mix but I actually like it a little better. The original recipe calls for garlic and onion salt instead of powder and salted nuts, but I find that too salty.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 7 cups Crispix cereal
- 1 cup unsalted nuts
- 1 cup pretzel
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Melt butter in 9x13-inch pan in oven. Remove from oven and stir in garlic powder, onion powder, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add cereal, nuts, and pretzels stirring until coated.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on absorbent paper to cool.
- Microwave directions combine ingredients as above, placing in a glass container and microwave on full power 4 minutes stirring after 2 minute
- Cool as above.
I like the recipe with less salt as well, the pretzels and butter add just enough. I added some dijon mustard and franks red hot wing sauce this time because I wanted to make something spicy that wasn't as guilty as wings.. yummy can't wait to eat it, the pickings from the oven taste great so far.
My mom used to make this for me as a kid. It's so much better than Chex mix! The only thing I change from the original recipe is that I add about 1 cup Cheez-Its to the mix and take out a little of the cereal. I highly recommend it!