Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sunset July 2012
Make and share this Crisp Tofu, Shiitake, and Spinach Summer Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces block firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- shiitake mushroom, stems removed, caps sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 leaf and tender stems from 1/2 bunch mint
- 1 leaf and tender stems from 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 6 rice paper sheets (8 in. diameter)
- . Cut tofu into 1/4-in.-thick slices, then gently press dry between doubled paper towels.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, garlic, sesame oil, and soy sauce in a wide, shallow bowl.
- Dip tofu slices in marinade to coat both sides. Heat 1 tablespoons grapeseed oil in a frying pan over medium heat; cook tofu until golden and crisp, 15 minutes. Let cool; slice lengthwise into thin strips.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoons grapeseed oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Dip a rice paper wrapper in warm water for a few seconds--just until it's pliable. Lay on plate and let sit 10 to 15 seconds, so the water soaks inches.
- Layer one-sixth of fillings on the bottom third of the wrapper, starting with spinach.
- Lift filled edge up and over fillings and keep rolling it away from you, tucking fillings in firmly but gently and folding in the sides. (Stretching the wrapper as you roll helps.) Repeat with remaining ingredients.