Recipe by Bergy
These will disappear very quickly so don't worry about them going stale. Serve them with cocktails or Sherry or just have them on the coffee table for nibbles.
Top Review by alligirl
I can't believe this recipe has been posted so long, with no reviews. That is a shame. These are some tasty temptations! I'm not sure if I rolled them out thin enough or cut them skinny enough. Next time, I may also add a bit more cayenne, as my pinch didn't do it. I've made a few different variations of these, and enjoyed the addition of parmesan, as I've never included that before. I also used my food processor, and they were ready to be rolled out in less than 2 minutes. YAY, for quickness! Bergy, thanks so much for sharing this gem! :-)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the flour, cornmeal, garlic, cayenne,& salt.
- Using a pastry cutter or 2 knives cut in the butter until the mixture is like peas,all crumbly.
- Add all the cheeses and mix.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to about 16x 5" rectangle.
- Cut into 1/2" strips and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in 400F oven for about 10 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Store in an open container to keep crispness.