Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful salad dressing that works great as a dipping sauce for bread, raw veggies or fried chicken tenders. It is very spicy, but the spiciness can be adjusted by altering the ratio of creole mustard to Dijon mustard. While it isn't low calorie (it DOES contain a half cup of honey!), it can be made nonfat by using nonfat mayo. However, the amount of mayo called for is relatively small. I guarantee you that the nonfat version does NOT taste nonfat!
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup creole mustard (I use Zatarain's)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (Regular, low fat or nonfat all work fine)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Nonfat mayo tends to cause clumps so you may have to use a blender or an electric mixer. A little extra elbow grease or a whisk will work just as well, however.