An unusual and tasty brunch treat from the Junior League of Huntsville Alabama.
Make and share this Creole Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet, brown onions, peppers, and garlic in 2 tablespoons of butter. Add tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan melt remaining 6 tablespoons of butter. Add flour and stir until lightly browned. Add milk slowly, stirring constantly until thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend white sauce with tomato mixture.
- In a greased 2 quart casserole dish, alternate layers of sliced eggs, tomato mixture, and cracker crumbs. You should have 3 layers, ending with the crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.