Recipe by waynejohn1234
I have used this recipe for years and it is always well received - especially on a hot summer's day.
- 3 pints lemon sherbet
- 1⁄3 cup creme de menthe (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Allow sherbet to stand in refrigerator 30 minutes to soften slightly.
- Turn into a bowl; beat with an electric mixer just until smooth and not melted.
- Quickly stir in creme de menthe.
- Turn into a 5 cup ring mold.
- Freeze until firm - overnight if possible.
- To serve: invert ring over a chilled platter.
- Fill center with strawberries.
- Dust berries with sugar.