Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chocolate covered donut holes
- 2 (12 ounce) bags white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- 20 glazed doughnut holes
- 20 peppermint candies, unwrap, round Gummie Savers might be easier to eat
- 20 M&M's, any milk chocolate candies will work
- red food coloring
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or wax paper and set aside.
- Melt chocolate morsels with vegetable shortening in a stainless steel bowl by setting bowl over a pan of simmering water and stirring until smooth.
- Cut two 1/8" slices from opposite sides of each donut hole. Drop the donut holes into the chocolate, one at a time. Using aformk, coat the donut hole in chocolate. Lift and gently shake to remove excess chocolate. While we, place the jellied candy on one of the cut sides of each donut hole. Repeat with each donut eyeball and refrigerate until set. Reserve unused chocolate.
- Re-heat chocolate. Remove eyeballs from the refrigerator. Place a small dab of melted chocolate on the chocolate candies and stick them onto the jellied candies to form pupils. Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 drops of food coloring with 2 teaspoons of the remaining melted chocolate. Using a toothpick, draw "veins" on the eyeballs. Refrigerate until ready to serve.