Recipe by Manda in Ohio
A fun twist on a favorite. Perfect for Halloween parties! My family either loves them or are a bit creeped out by them. Either way, there's never any left!
Top Review by Chef Jean
I cut the recipe in half because this was a very labor intensive recipe. I also made mine to look like pumpkins because I had orange candy melts on hand. The recipe turned out great and all the kids loved them! Made for PAC Fall '12.
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 lb white chocolate almond bark
- 2 (1 2/3 ounce) bags M&M's plain chocolate candy
- red food coloring
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix margarine, powdered sugar & peanut butter together. I use the bread hook attachment on my stand mixer. Form into "eyeball" size balls & place on a cookie sheet & chill.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave (whichever is easier for you). Dip the peanut butter balls completely in chocolate. Place 1 M&M on each ball before the chocolate hardens.
- When "eyeballs" are set up & the chocolate is hard, se a red food coloring pen, or red food coloring with a paint brush, to draw on the "veins". Use melted chocolate chips to create the "iris". I created the dots using a tooth pick, but you can also use a piping bag with a small round tip.