1/3 Photos of Creamy White Frosting
1 hr 20 mins
A good friend passed this recipe to me back in the early 80's. I was so impressed with the flavor and texture that I had to have the recipe. It taste and looks like whipped cream. "Give it a try and see if I lie." Please follow the directions...and it is regular granulated sugar...not powdered...=)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the first three ingredients together in a sauce pan.
- 2Cook over Medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.
- 3Remove from heat and cool completely.
- 4Cream sugar, shortening (margarine) and vanilla.
- 5Add cooled flour/milk mixture by the spoonful beating after each spoonful.
- 6Frost Cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy White Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.5
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 300.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g