Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
My recreation of a Whole Foods soup that they seem to have stopped making that a friend of mine was in love with. You can omit the cream and it will be just a more tomatoey spicy soup.
- 8 -10 tomatoes, cut into quarters (roma)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 -2 dried chipotle pepper, rehydrated in hot water and minced
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes, canned
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 -2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat Oven to 400°F and line baking sheet with foil.
- Put tomatoes on pan skin side down, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Cut tops off the garlic, drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil.
- Roast tomatoes and garlic in oven for 50 – 60 minutes (till tomatoes are.
- brown on the bottom and the garlic is soft).
- Blend tomatoes, chipotle peppers and canned tomatoesin blender or with hand blender in pot.
- Squish in roasted garlic and blend.
- In pot add in stock and vinegar. Heat.
- Add in cream, season and serve.