1/1 Photo of Creamy Stove-Top Rice Pudding
1 hr 32 mins
1 hr 30 mins
You could make this using all milk but it will not be as creamy. For coconut rice pudding, use one 400-ml can good quality coconut milk and 3/4 cup milk. This complete recipe may easily be doubled, adjust the amount of sugar to suit taste, if you are planning to serve this rice pudding cold then add in another 1/4 cup milk, to serve warm make as stated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup 18% table cream (or use 1 cup half and half cream)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon (or use 1 cinnamon stick, can use both!)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 cup uncooked short-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup raisins (to taste) (optional)
- 3 -4 tablespoons white sugar (or to taste)
- 1Melt butter in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 2Add in milk, cream, cinnamon and the nutmeg (if using) bring to a simmer, sirring constantly.
- 3Add in rice and raisins then mix in sugar (start with 2 tablespoons adding in more to taste).
- 4Reduce the heat to the LOWEST setting and simmer uncovered on top of the stove for about 1 hour or until desired consistency, stirring very frequently.
- 5This will thicken up even more upon standing.
- 6Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Stove-Top Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.7
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.3 mg
- Sodium 130.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g