Creamy sauted mushrooms great for topping a burger or steak, wonderful as a side dish as well.
Make and share this Creamy Sauted Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- Heat butter over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until tender.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and olive oil. Stir and cook for couple minutes.
- Add soy sauce and worcestshire sauce. Simmer until mushrooms tender.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Fold in flour slowly, stirring until combined well. Cook untl reaches desired thickness.
Great with steaks. My all time favorite mushrooms! Would be great on a burger too but I just eat them straight. Strong flavor though so not for for a delicate palate
I love sauteed mushrooms with garlic, but was very disappointed with the addition of the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce! Although I reduced the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce by half, that was all I tasted. The flavor was too intense and sharp for my palate. I added 1/2 teaspoon sugar trying to cut the sharpness, but that helped only a little. Maybe on a hamburger the sharpness would be much less noticeable? Tagged for Spring PAC 2014.