1 hr 5 mins
Swan Valley Tammi's Note:
This recipe is from Company's Coming 'Weekend Cooking' cookbook and is actually designed for the fire pit, but I've adapted it for baking in the oven. Certainly not for those wishing to cut calories!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For outdoor cooking: Lay out 24" (60 cm) of heavy-duty tin foil (or double layers of regular foil). Layer first 6 ingredients down center of foil.
- 2Bring up all sides of foil around potato mixture to form a 'dish.'.
- 3Carefully pour whipping cream over potatoes. Cover with another piece of foil and seal edges.
- 4Wrap entire package in another layer of foil. Set on grill placed over hot coals in fire pit.
- 5Cook for about 50 minutes, turning carefully several times, until potatoes are tender. (Use oven mitts instead of tongs to avoid ripping the foil).
- 6Open package carefully to avoid steam burns. Serve.
- 7For oven: Layer first six ingredients in a greased 2 1/2 quart (3 L) casserole dish.
- 8Pour whipping cream over top. Cover and bake at 350F for about an hour or until potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Potato Parcel
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 639.9
- Calories from Fat 422
- Total Fat 46.9 g
- Saturated Fat 24.8 g
- Cholesterol 134.3 mg
- Sodium 784.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 16.5 g