Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Potatoes, cheese, broccoli, ham, and carrots. This is a nice comfort food for those cold winter days. I sometimes add garlic in mine as Im a garlic lover.
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup ham, Cooked and cubed
- In a large soup pot, add water to potatoes, carrots, broccoli, onion, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- DO NOT DRAIN!
- Make a white sauce with flour, butter and milk. Add the cheese and stir well until melted. Add ham.
- Add all of this to the Potato/Carrot mixture.
- Heat but dont boil.
Wow, If I could give it more than 5 stars, I would. I made it exactly as written. Delicious!!
This is a super quick and easy recipe, with great flavor. The vegetables took a bit longer than 10 minutes to be cooked properly though - maybe 20 minutes or so. I love being able to sneak in some vegetables for my "meat and potatoes" husband. Thanks!
Brilliant! Quick and easy and so delicious we've made it twice this week. I use more cheese..but then I just love cheese.