1/3 Photos of Creamy Parmesan Potato Soup
This is an easy and quick soup to prepare. And the flavor is wonderful! I hope you think so too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped in large chunks as for mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups milk (approximately depending on type of potato and time cooked)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1Add potatoes and onions to boiling water.
- 2Cook about 15-20 minutes until done.
- 3Drain and return to pot.
- 4Lightly mash, leaving it as chunky as you like.
- 5(I prefer mine fairly smooth with small pieces here and there.) Return pan to medium low heat and add butter, cream cheese and milk, stirring until butter and cream cheese melt.
- 6Add all other ingredients and cook, stirring occasionally until parmesan cheese is melted.
- 7Adjust salt and pepper.
- 8If soup is too thick add more milk and if it is too thin add more cheese.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Parmesan Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (534 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 892.9
- Calories from Fat 439
- Total Fat 48.8 g
- Saturated Fat 30.4 g
- Cholesterol 144.3 mg
- Sodium 1638.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 29.5 g