This is an easy and quick soup to prepare. And the flavor is wonderful! I hope you think so too!
Make and share this Creamy Parmesan Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped in large chunks as for mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups milk (approximately depending on type of potato and time cooked)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Add potatoes and onions to boiling water.
- Cook about 15-20 minutes until done.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Lightly mash, leaving it as chunky as you like.
- (I prefer mine fairly smooth with small pieces here and there.) Return pan to medium low heat and add butter, cream cheese and milk, stirring until butter and cream cheese melt.
- Add all other ingredients and cook, stirring occasionally until parmesan cheese is melted.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
- If soup is too thick add more milk and if it is too thin add more cheese.
I was in the mood for a good potato soup and this is great! My daughter said this is her favorite soup! I actually make alot of potato soups, and loved the Parmesan in this one. Thanks for a keeper!!!
I just made this, and it's wonderful! The parmesan adds just the right touch. Thanks for posting this!
My son just got braces and cannot eat solid food. He loved the soup! I put about 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese since I find most recipes call for more than I like. I used a little more milk, but our family likes thick soup. More can always be added. Enjoy!