This is an easy and quick soup to prepare. And the flavor is wonderful! I hope you think so too!
Make and share this Creamy Parmesan Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped in large chunks as for mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups milk (approximately depending on type of potato and time cooked)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Add potatoes and onions to boiling water.
- Cook about 15-20 minutes until done.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Lightly mash, leaving it as chunky as you like.
- (I prefer mine fairly smooth with small pieces here and there.) Return pan to medium low heat and add butter, cream cheese and milk, stirring until butter and cream cheese melt.
- Add all other ingredients and cook, stirring occasionally until parmesan cheese is melted.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
- If soup is too thick add more milk and if it is too thin add more cheese.